The Guardian Fall Protection Competent Person Class is a prerequisite for the Competent Person Refresher Class.
The Competent Person Refresher Class allows students to review and apply the materials covered in the standard Competent Person Class. Students will reexamine current fall safety regulations, best practice methods of using fall protection equipment, and effective methods of predicting and eliminating fall hazards.
This class is intended for those who are currently operating as a Competent Person for their jobsite, or for those who have performed the duties of a Competent Person in the past. Under the supervision of our highly trained and experienced instructors, students will be provided with ample opportunities not only to discuss content, but also to demonstrate and reinforce their knowledge in a variety of scenarios and real-world applications. Upon completion of this class, students will return to their jobsite better prepared to enhance worker safety and ensure compliance with OSHA 1926 and 1910, and ANSI Z359, A10, and A14 regulations.
Course Length: 8 hours
Seats Available: 20
Course Fee: $495.00
Upon completion, the student will be able to demonstrate knowledge of the following topics:
- Equipment Selection, Inspection and Donning
- Fall Prevention/Restraint/Arrest
- Fall Hazard Elimination
- Passive vs. Active Systems
- Fall Arrest Rescue Systems
- Selection and Usage of Non-Certified Anchorages
- Authorized Persons’ Duties and Responsibilities
- Competent Persons’ Duties and Responsibilities
- Testing of Fall Protection Equipment
- ‘Hands-On’ Scenario of Fall Protection Systems
- OSHA and ANSI Standards of Fall Protection